Adam Weighing Scale Display Icons
Es tut uns leid, aber diese Seite ist derzeit nicht in deutscher Sprache verfügbar.
You probably noticed the display on your balance or scale's indicator shows various symbols at a given time. Whether you don't have a manual to flip through, or just want a quick refresher course, this page explains some of the symbols you may see displayed on a scale or balance, and their meaning.
All balances and scales have different icons and text on their display. Sometimes it's specific to the model of the instrument, and other times it's for specific features or applications. Many balances have multilingual displays. Icons or symbols are used on all balances regardless of the manufacturer, but for the sake of this post, we are only discussing symbols found on Adam products. Some icons are specific to Adam, while others are part of an international standard for symbols. Approved scales display symbols that are required by law for legal trade usage. This is not a complete list of Adam Equipment's icons and symbols (that would be many, many pages), only the most common.
- Percent or %
- Percent Weighing. The balance is in percentage weighing mode or the reading is shown as a percentage. It is also used with moisture analysis with a %S or %M, meaning percentage solids or percent moisture.
- Parts or PC or pcs
- Piece Counting. The balance is counting pieces or showing the number of PCS on the display.
- Hold is displayed when the balance is holding the weight value. Often used for peak hold or animal / dynamic weighing. This signifies that the displayed reading will not change if weight is taken away from the balance or scale
- Density Solid
- When the balance is in the Solid Density mode
- Density Measurement
- When a net weight is shown
- or Dynamic
- When the balance is in the animal/dynamic weighing mode
- When a value has been entered into the memory
- Tare symbol. The balance is at zero because the weight on it was tared.
- )) ) )
- Ultrasonic sensor symbol. The MUW's sensor is on and measuring the patient
Checkweighing and Checkcounting
- Used for checkweighing to show if the item being checked is low, ok or high. Can be used when check counting as well.
- (red) Mass on the platform is above the high limit
- (green) Mass is between the limits
- (amber) Mass is below the low limit)
- Indicates that the internal memory has a record of previous weight readings stored in it.
- The number of samples to accurately determine the count is insufficient.
- Indicates that a preset count has been stored.
- The unit weight is not large enough to determine an accurate count.
- * or or or STABLE
- Indicates the balance is stable.
- or or -0-
- Exact Zero Indicator; the scale or balance is reading zero. Sometimes this symbol is used on the keypad to allow the user to zero the balance or scale.
- / bAt LO / LO bat / / /
- Battery Indicator. Displays how much battery life the balance has left. If the icon flashes, battery is low
- Data Insertion
- Upper Threshold
- Busy. The balance is currently processing or calculating results, so it cannot be used right now
- followed by (-) (weight under value or OK (weight is inside value) (+)(weight over value) or /
- The Capacity Indicator Bar shows the user how much weighing range they have left before they might over load the balance or scale.
- Separate pounds from ounces.
- The weight exceeds the 6 digits the display can show.
- requesting the password number.
Some scales, like the CBD, can display letters of the alphabet for product descriptions.
- Enter Calibration Mode
- Calibration Mode is ON, calibration is happening or about to occur.
- CAL OFF
- Calibration Mode Ended
- Put weight on the balance during calibration mode. The number after load is the mass of the calibration weight you should put on the balance during calibration.
- Remove weight from balance during calibration mode.
- For a time driven calibration. Some balances with internal calibration can be programmed to self calibrate automatically at certain time intervals.
- a Celsius icons is shown or a temperature driven calibration is to occur
- SPAn, PASS
- Calibration is done
- SPAn, FAIL
- Error: calibration failed
For a more detailed description of weighing units please see our Units of Measurement page.
- TROY OUNCES
- HK TAELS
- tl H
- TAIWAN TAELS
- tl T
- SING TAELS
- tl S
- NUMBER OF PIECES
Feel free to contact us with any question you might have. Don't forget that manuals are available on our website. Just go to the product page and scroll down. There are several PDFs in various languages you can click on and read. You can also watch our product videos.